Job Title: Kitchen Staff (seasonal, with opportunity to extend to year round position)
Pay: Starting at $12-15/hr, DOE
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Start date: June 2019
THIS POSITION ASSISTS IN ALL ASPECTS OF PROCESSING FOODS FOR BARNACLE FOOD’S PRODUCTS.
- Preparing ingredients including peeling, cutting, dicing, opening cans, mixing, etc.
- Carefully weighing, recording, and assembling products following detailed recipe procedures and checklists
- Heat processing products and transferring to jars and other containers
- Packaging finished product for sale following different protocols for retail, wholesale, and online shipping
- Cleaning kitchen facility including kitchen surfaces and dishes
- Observing and maintaining safety levels with particular attention to machinery and electrical equipment
- Completing training to meet food handling requirements
- Working as part of a fast paced team
- Undertaking other duties within the manufacturing team and the wider business as deemed reasonable including working in warehouse, organizing and preparing shipments
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING TRAITS:
- Self-starter and motivated
- Ability to work on a team and independently
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Culinary experience or a strong desire to learn kitchen skills
- Interest in local foods
- Attention to detail adhering to food safety protocols and following recipes and instructions
- Enthusiastic and open minded
- Maintain a strict level of personal and workplace hygiene
- Comply with food safety protocols for food processors
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Physical Demand: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, use hands to finger, handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop; bending or crouching; talk or hear. The employee must be able to lift/carry and/or move up to 50 pounds safely. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The job requires most of the day be spent on feet, standing.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions and other element prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.