Job Title: YEAR-ROUND Kitchen & Warehouse Team Member (POTENTIAL TO GROW!)
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Close Date: Applications reviewed on a rolling basis, open until filled.
Start date: July 2020
THIS POSITION ASSISTS IN ALL ASPECTS OF PROCESSING FOODS FOR BARNACLE FOOD’S PRODUCTS.
- Working on feet all day in very fast paced environment
- Completing training to meet food handling requirements
- Preparing ingredients including peeling, cutting, dicing, opening cans, mixing, etc.
- Carefully weighing, recording, and assembling products following detailed recipe procedures and checklists
- Heat processing products and transferring to jars and other containers
- Cleaning and sanitizing kitchen facility including kitchen surfaces and dishes
- Observing and maintaining safety protocols with particular attention to machinery and electrical equipment
- Packaging finished product for sale following different protocols for retail, wholesale, and online shipping
- Undertaking other duties within the manufacturing team and the wider business including working in the warehouse, organizing, packing orders, and preparing shipments
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING TRAITS:
- Experience in leadership or supervisory role
- Self-starter and motivated
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work on a team and independently
- Culinary experience or a strong desire to learn kitchen skills
- Attention to detail, adhering to food safety protocols, and following recipes and instructions
- Enthusiastic and open minded
- Maintain a strict level of personal and workplace hygiene
- Comply with food safety protocols for food processors
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and work on feet all day
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Physical Demand: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, use hands to finger, handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop; bending or crouching; talk or hear. The employee must be able to lift/carry and/or move up to 50 pounds safely. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The job requires most of the day be spent on feet, standing.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions and other elements prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is at times high.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND TWO PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES TO HELLO@BARNACLEFOODS.COM BY JUNE 16TH, APPLICATIONS REVIEWED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
Barnacle Foods is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workplace. We hire qualified candidates and make all employment-related decisions based on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.