Job Title: Kitchen Team Member
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Start date: Immediately
End date: September 30th (opportunity to extend to year-round)
Close Date: Applications reviewed on a rolling basis, open until filled
Pay: $13 - 17/hr, DOE
Grow with us. At Barnacle, we strive to connect people to unique Alaskan ingredients through familiar, everyday foods. We believe that food should have amazing flavor, dense nutrition, and share the story of the people and places the ingredients come from. Our tight-knit kitchen and warehouse team is the heart of Barnacle.
We use local ingredients like Alaskan kelp to make shelf-stable pickles, hot sauce, salsa, and seasonings. This position works in the kitchen. The precision and care that go into each jar is the foundation of our company. It's a fast-paced job, with a high energy team, music bumpin' all day long.
Become part of a fast-paced, high energy workplace sharing Alaska’s seasonal bounty.
This position assists in all aspects of processing foods for Barnacle Food's products. This job requires attention to detail and the ability to do tedious and, at times, monotonous tasks.
- Completing training to meet food handling requirements
- Preparing ingredients including peeling, cutting, dicing fresh produce, opening cans, mixing, etc.
- Carefully weighing, recording, and assembling products following detailed recipe procedures and checklists
- Cleaning and sanitizing kitchen facility including kitchen surfaces, dishes, and bathrooms
- Hand-filling jars with products
- Observing and maintaining safety protocols with particular attention to machinery and electrical equipment
- Learn every day. We are a small and growing team, how we operate changes frequently
This position also assists in warehouse and fulfillment operations.
Warehouse Tasks Include:
- Working on feet all day in a fast-paced environment
- Pack, stack, and ship small boxes of goods and samples
- Neatly and efficiently fulfill orders in our custom boxes
- Pay close attention to the quality and accuracy of orders packed
- Packaging finished product for sale following different protocols for retail, wholesale, and online shipping
Ideal candidate will have the following traits:
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on a team and independently
- Attention to detail and a quick learner
- Familiarity with food safety protocols, and following recipes and instructions
- Enthusiastic and open-minded
- Maintain a strict level of personal and workplace hygiene
- Ability to follow COVID safety protocols
- Comply with food safety protocols for food processors
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and work on feet all-day
Physical demands of workplace:
The physical and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Physical Demand: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, use hands to finger, handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop; bending or crouching; talk or hear. The employee must be able to lift/carry and/or move up to 50 pounds safely. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The job requires most of the day to be spent on feet, standing.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions and other elements prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is at times high.
To apply, submit resume and two professional references to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Barnacle Foods is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workplace. We hire qualified candidates and make all employment-related decisions based on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.