Prep Time: 30 minutes / 15 minutes
Featured Barnacle Products:
Easy snack with an umami twist you can't resist. This recipe uses our Furikake Kelp Seasoning to elevate a classic party snack.
- 1 box Chex cereal
- 1 6.6 oz. bag of Goldfish
- 1 container Furikake Kelp Seasoning
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup agave syrup or honey
- 2 tsp. shoyu (soy sauce)
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- While the oven is preheating, melt butter, sugar, honey, and shoyu together in a pot on low heat.
- Mix together, careful not to overcook. If it is cooked at too high of heat or for too long, sugar will become thick and tacky.
- In a heat safe bowl, toss the mixture with the cereal and Goldfish.
- Spread the cereal on a cookie sheet and sprinkle our Furikake on top. At this point, you can choose how much or how little Furikake you want on your cereal.
- Bake at 250F for 30 minutes. Stir every 15 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, pull the pan and let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy!