Job Title: Kitchen and Fufillment Crew
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Start date: Immediately
Close Date: Applications reviewed on a rolling basis, open until filled
Pay: starts at $16-20/hr, DOE
About Barnacle Foods: Grow with us! At Barnacle, we strive to connect people to unique Alaskan ingredients through familiar, everyday foods like hot sauce, salsa, and pickles. Our kitchen and warehouse team is the heart of Barnacle. It's a fast-paced job, with a high energy team and music bumpin' all day long. Become part of a fast-paced, high energy workplace with a fun, positive, and supportive work environment.
Specific Duties of Kitchen and Fulfillment Crew Members
Preparing ingredients and using equipment to turn kelp into delicious, everyday foods
- Learn everyday. We are a small and growing team, how we operate changes frequently
- Wild harvesting and processing of Alaska kelp
- Collaborating with others to clean and sanitize the processing area, dishes, and equipment
- Carefully weighing, recording, and assembling products following detailed procedures
- Working on the production line – filling, inspecting and boxing jars
- Completing training to meet Alaska food handling requirements
- Maintaining safety protocols with particular attention to machinery and electrical equipment
Fulfilling orders from Barnacle’s customers located all over the country
- Packaging products following different protocols for retail, wholesale, and online shipping
- Neatly and efficiently fulfill orders, paying close attention to quality and accuracy
The ideal candidate is:
- A highly motivated, self-starter
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Able to work on a team and be trusted to work independently
- A quick learner with the ability to pay close attention to detail
- Familiar with food safety protocols and knows their way around a kitchen
- Enthusiastic and open minded
- Maintain a strict level of personal and workplace hygiene
- Comply with food safety protocols for food processors
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and work on feet all day
- Ability to follow shifting COVID safety protocols
- Proof of COVID vaccine is required
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Physical Demand: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, use hands, handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop; bend or crouch; talk or hear. The employee must be able to lift/carry and/or move up to 50 pounds safely. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The job requires most of the day to be spent on feet, standing.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions and other elements prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is high at times.
- Email JEFF@BARNACLEFOODS.COM with subject ‘Crew Member Application - YOUR NAME’
- Share two professional references
APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED ON A ROLLING BASIS
Barnacle Foods is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workplace. We hire qualified candidates and make all employment-related decisions based on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.