Job Title: Fulfillment and Customer Service Lead
Location: Lemon Creek, Juneau, Alaska
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:15a - 4:45p
Start date: Immediately
Pay: $17 - 20/hr DOE
Application Close Date: Applications accepted until position is filled
To apply please email a cover letter, resume, and two professional references to email@example.com.
GROW WITH US! THIS PERSON LEADS CUSTOMER SERVICE, SHIPPING FULFILLMENT OPERATIONS, AND WORKS ON THE KITCHEN PRODUCTION TEAM.
The ideal candidate for this job is someone who is able to jump right in and learn new tasks, has very strong written verbal communication skills, wants to make a positive impact in our community, and is interested in motivating those around you. This person will be joining a small and growing team, how we operate changes frequently.
CUSTOMER SERVICE & LEAD DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Strong written communication skills in order to communicate with customers via email
- Strong verbal communication skills in order to coach and communicate with other team members and customers
- Helping the Barnacle Foods team increase the love for our products by neatly and efficiently fulfilling orders
- Leading and coaching team to pack and ship products
- Training new team members on shipping protocols
- Balancing priorities of speed, efficiency, presentation
- Bringing an eye for quality and accuracy to the fulfillment process
- Working with a team to improve fulfillment processes
- Managing inventory in online store and warehouse
- Overseeing ShipStation shipping platform and integration with Shopify website
- Communicating with customers via email to address shipment and order issues
- Planning and implementing order-packing training and shipment protocols
- Maintaining organized and clean workspace
THIS PERSON WILL ALSO BE A PART OF OUR KITCHEN PRODUCTION TEAM.
KITCHEN TASKS INCLUDE:
- Completing training to meet food handling requirements
- Preparing ingredients including peeling, cutting, dicing fresh produce, opening cans, mixing, etc.
- Carefully weighing, recording, and assembling products following detailed recipe procedures and checklists
- Heat processing products and transferring to jars and other containers
- Cleaning and sanitizing kitchen facility including kitchen surfaces and dishes
- Observing and maintaining safety protocols with particular attention to machinery and electrical equipment
THIS PERSON HAS:
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent personal and workplace hygiene
- Ability to follow COVID safety protocols
- Ability to comply with food safety protocols for food processors
- Ability to lift 40 lbs and work on feet for 8 hours a day
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Physical Demand: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, use hands/fingers, handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop; bending/crouching; talk and hear. The employee must be able to lift/carry and/or move up to 50 pounds safely. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The job requires most of the day to be spent on feet, standing.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions and other elements prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is often loud.
Barnacle Foods is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workplace. We hire qualified candidates and make all employment-related decisions based on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.