Job Title: Production Manager
Pay: $35,000 - $43,000, DOE
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Application close date: open until position filled
Grow with us! At Barnacle, we strive to connect people to unique Alaskan ingredients through familiar, everyday foods. We believe that food should have amazing flavors, dense nutrition, and share the story of the people and places the ingredients come from. Our kitchen and warehouse team is the heart of Barnacle. The precision and care that go into each jar is the foundation of our company.
Become part of a fast paced and dynamic workplace processing and preserving the seasonal bounty. Barnacle is in its fourth year of business and growing. This position coordinates the manufacturing of food products and processing of fresh ingredients by supervising kitchen staff and organizing and monitoring workflows. This position is responsible for overseeing procedures to meet high quality product requirements. This includes overseeing work performance, quality, safety, attendance, and teamwork.
- Directing and organizing kitchen team to maintain a safe and sanitary work environment
- Overseeing the use of food processing and production equipment
- Maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures for food safety and personnel safety
- Analyzing ergonomics of jobs and hazards
- Overseeing safety incident investigations and mitigations
- Maintain quality standards and ensure ingredients and finished products meet specifications
- Testing samples and recording data to justify quality and food safety
- Ensure the kitchen team meets production goals by communicating expectations
- Planning kitchen schedule
- Monitoring, providing constructive feedback, coaching, disciplining, coordinating among team members and leadership team
- Facilitating corrections to deviations from procedures and policies
- Facilitating team building and camaraderie among employees
- Participate as part of team to make sure production goals are completed
- Provide on-the-job training and orientation for new employees
- Ongoing constructive job coaching
- Communicating clearly so that all expectations are appropriately communicated
- Troubleshoot and resolve personnel issues through training and discipline when necessary.
- Work jointly with leadership team to plan for weekly, monthly, and annual goals
- Use understanding of inventory and ingredient management tools to identify and mitigate production delays
- Establish priorities, revise schedules
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to manage workflow and utilize workforce and equipment to efficiently produce products.
- Ability to recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and utilities.
- Excellent computer, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage several projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work as a team, be hands-on, and perform whatever tasks need to be completed to get the job done.
- Ideally have 3+ years of experience in commercial food, seafood, or beverage manufacturing/processing
Monday through Friday, day-shift
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Physical Demand: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, use hands to finger, handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop; bending or crouching; talk or hear. The employee must be able to lift/carry and/or move up to 50 pounds safely. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The job requires most of the day be spent on feet, standing.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions and other elements prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is at times high.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND THREE PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES TO HELLO@BARNACLEFOODS.COM WITH SUBJECT "PRODUCTION MANAGER APPLICATION."
Barnacle Foods is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workplace. We hire qualified candidates and make all employment-related decisions based on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.