Job Title: Sales Representative & Brand Ambassador (part-time: 18 - 24 hours per week)
Location: Seattle, Washington
Pay: $20 - 27/hr, DOE
Benefits: monthly product allocation, flexible hours
Application close date: open until position filled
Grow with us! At Barnacle, we’re on a mission to do good for our oceans, communities, and future. Join our team, and help to share the story of our kelp-based foods with people across the country.
At Barnacle, we are establishing our presence in specialty and grocery stores throughout the country. We are becoming a part of the long-term future of foods with products that are good for the planet and for our health. We are looking for a person to lead our sales who shares our vision for this future.
To apply: Submit three professional references, resume, and cover letter sharing your approach to sales and why you are a good fit for the role. Email to lia@barnaclefoods with the subject line “Sales Applicant - Your Name.”
- Outreach and new lead generation: bring on new Barnacle accounts. Independent, natural, and specialty grocery accounts nationwide
- Identify, pursue, and generate new wholesale accounts through cold calling, emails, store visits
- Complete necessary forms and materials for new vendor onboarding, product submissions, and in store promotions
- Account management: develop and maintain existing accounts and deepen relationships with buyers
- Communicate with current wholesale accounts, keep records organized and up to date
- Aim to maintain and increase sales movement with existing accounts through optimizing product selections, and ensuring consistent touch points.
- Communicate company background information and product selling points to distributors and customers
- Attend and lead in-person sales events such as in-store promotional events, trade shows, product demonstrations, and special events
- Analysis: Report on monthly and quarterly sales metrics
- Organize sales data and related marketing materials using in-house developed tools and software
- Working with distributors and stores to understand how consumers are shopping across various sales channels to quantify sales growth, distribution, and velocity.
- Attend and demo/sell at in-person events: including farmers markets, tradeshows, in-store demos.
- Work with leadership to develop annual and seasonal sales strategies
- Work with marketing lead to develop impactful sales assets and tools
- Alert team of promotional opportunities within current accounts and industry insights
- Identify white space opportunities for new and existing business
- Become an expert on the category + shopper, leveraging consumer & market insights to build both external & internal capability
- Collaborate, motivate, and learn from the Barnacle Team
- Travel to special events, demo opportunities, and trade shows
- Very strong verbal and written communication
- Outgoing and positive attitude
- Commitment to customer service and experience
- Project management experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with data analysis and organization in Excel or other sales platforms
- Ability to work independently
- Flexibility to shift gears to attend to immediate business operation needs
- Assertive and determination to pursue leads
- At least two years of relevant experience
Barnacle Foods is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workplace. We hire qualified candidates and make all employment-related decisions based on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.