Prep Time: 15 mins / 30 mins
Featured Barnacle Products:
Bullwhip Kelp Hot Sauce
Bullwhip Kelp Hot Sauce brings all the flavor in this big batch vegetarian bean chili. Warm up from the inside with this delicious recipe that feeds a crowd.
- 16 oz mushrooms, minced
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 carrots, minced
- 2 celery stalks, minced
- 1 orange bell pepper, minced
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/3 cup Bullwhip Kelp Hot Sauce
- 2 14 oz cans fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 14 oz can pinto beans
- 1 14 oz can black beans
- 1 14 oz can great northern beans
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- For garnish: Sour cream, shredded cheese, jalapeno, cilantro, green onion and tortilla chips.
- Warm olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the minced mushrooms and cumin and cook until browned.
- Add the minced onion, garlic, celery, and bell pepper. Stir to combine.
- Once the mixture has softened a bit, add the tomato paste, fire roasted tomatoes, pinto beans, black beans and great northern beans. Salt generously.
- Cook for about 5 minutes before adding the Bullwhip Kelp Hot Sauce.
- Continue cooking and stirring until the flavors start to meld together. Check and adjust for more salt.
- Serve warm with garnishes of sour cream, shredded cheese, jalapeno slices, sprigs of cilantro, chopped green onion and crumbled tortilla chips.
- This recipe can be made ahead and keeps for 5 days in the refrigerator. It also freezes well.
Explore More Recipes
Creamy greens and gooey eggs are topped with Serrano Bullwhip Kelp Hot Sauce for the best brunch you'll want to eat at every meal.
FeaturingSerrano Kelp Hot Sauce
Creamy white bean dip is drizzled with Kelp Chili Crisp and sprinkled with Everything Bagel Kelp Seasoning for serious flavor with every bite...
FeaturingKelp Chili Crisp Everything Bagel Kelp Seasoning
Make these spicy golden cauliflower bites to satisfy a crowd. A flavor bomb with every bite...