Prep Time: 10 minutes / 1 hour
Featured Barnacle Products:
Caramelized sugars and spice from our Bullwhip Kelp & Piri Piri Hot Sauce bring out the best in the buttery-est fish from from the sea, Sablefish (also known as Black Cod).
- 1 lb Sablefish
- 3 Tbs. honey
- 2 T soy sauce
- Bullwhip Piri Piri & Kelp Hot Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic chopped or microplaned
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In an oven proof baking dish, place piece of parchment paper and Sablefish skin down.
- Combine honey, bullwhip, garlic, and soy sauce in a mixing bowl.
- Spoon hot honey mixture over black cod, covering completely.
- After 30 minutes pull fish out of oven and spoon hot honey mixture that is now in bottom of the pan over the fish.
- Turn oven on to broil, and let cook for another 10 minutes until the top of the fish in golden brown and the hot honey mixture is bubbling
- Remove from oven, place fish on baking dish, and top with sesame seeds.