Servings: 36 Cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes / 10 minutes
Featured Barnacle Products:
These quick and easy thumbprint cookies have a rustic look and a memorable flavor. The dough comes together in no time, and can be enjoyed at any time of day.
Try one of our Alaskan jams and jellies - tart Rhubarb Jam, citrusy Spruce Tip Jelly, or Wild Blueberry Jam bursting with color and flavor.
PS you can buy a three pack of jams and jellies so you don't have to pick one! Try our Jam and Jelly Sampler.
Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix in softened butter until the butter is evenly disbursed.
- Form small balls of dough the size of a walnut. If the dough is too dry to keep shape, add a few tablespoons of water until the dough sticks together.
- Place balls on cookie sheet and indent the top with your thumb or finger. Cookies will crack in the process.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until a golden color just starts to appear. Cookies will appear soft and under baked, but will firm up upon cooling.
- Once cool, spoon a ½ tsp. of Barnacle jam or jelly into the thumbprint of each cookie.