Sweet & Spicy Caramelized Tomato Tart
Prep Time: 30 minutes / 40 minutes
Featured Barnacle Products:
Kelp Chili Crisp
Sweet, crunchy, and spicy. This tart is easy and elegant. This recipe is adapted from Melissa Clark's Caramelized Tomato Tarte Tatin.
- 1 package butter puff pastry
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 3 Tbs. Kelp Chili Crisp
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Drizzle cherry tomatoes with olive oil and salt. Roast for 20 minutes.
- While tomatoes are roasting, slice onions. Over medium heat, melt butter and sauté onions with sugar. Once onions are translucent and golden brown remove from heat.
- In an 8 inch oven proof skillet combine 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 cup of water. Cook over medium heat. After about 5 to 10 minutes sugar will begin to caramelize and melt. As this happens, swirl pan to mix. Once the mixture is amber add vinegar and swirl gently.
- While caramel is cooking, cut puff pastry into a 10 inch round.
- Remove caramel mixture from heat and add tomatoes and onions so they are evenly spread throughout the pan. Season with salt.
- Drizzle 2 Tbs. Kelp Chili Crisp over the onion and tomato mixture.
- Top with puff pastry and tuck the edges into the sides of the pan. Cut vents in the top of the pastry.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the pastry is puffed and golden brown.
- Remove from oven, run a knife around the edges of the pan to loosen it. Flip the tart onto a serving platter, top with more Kelp Chili Crisp to taste and sprinkle with parsley.
- Cut into wedges and enjoy!
Explore More Recipes
Caramelized sugars and spice from our Bullwhip Kelp & Piri Piri Hot Sauce bring out...
FeaturingBullwhip Kelp & Piri Piri Hot Sauce
Sweet, crunchy, and spicy. This tart is easy and elegant. This recipe is adapted from...
FeaturingKelp Chili Crisp
Noodles seasoned with kelp chili crisp and cream, need we say more? Ingredients 16 oz...