Prep Time: 10 minutes / 10 minutes
Featured Barnacle Products:
These crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside Bullwhip Kelp Hot Sauce stuffed squash blossoms are a seasonal delicacy not to be missed.
- 6 fresh squash blossoms (or the more the merrier!)
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 1 Tbsp Bullwhip Kelp & Piri Piri Hot Sauce
- 1/3 cup all-purpose baking flour
- 1/3 cup sparkling water or beer
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Flaky sea salt to taste
- Bring the goat cheese to room temp. Mix thoroughly with Bullwhip Kelp Hot Sauce.
- Stuff each squash blossom with about 1 Tbsp of the goat cheese mixture. Set aside.
- Make the batter: in a shallow + wide bowl, whisk together flour and sparkling water until desired batter consistency is reached. Add more flour or water as needed (It should be the consistency of our hot sauce)
- Heat a medium cast iron skillet over high heat and add the oil to heat.
- One at a time, dip the squash blossom in the batter until fully coated.
- Transfer to the skillet and fry until golden brown on each side, approximately 4 minutes per side.
- Garnish with flaky sea salt and enjoy immediately.