Prep Time: 20 minutes / 25 minutes
Featured Barnacle Products:
Vegetarian lettuce wraps made with crispy tofu, cabbage, and kelp based hot sauce.
- Extra firm tofu
- Purple Cabbage
- Soy Sauce
- Raw ginger
- Olive Oil
- Bullwhip Kelp & Piri Piri Hot Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Drain the water from the tofu container, place tofu onto a towel.
- Cut the tofu in half horizontally, then cut slices vertically and horizontally again to make tofu cubes, at this point do not separate the tofu and try to keep it in its remaining block. Cover the tofu with the rest of the towel and place something heavy on the tofu to dry out the remaining water.
- Let tofu sit for 10 minutes. Next, add 1/4 cup of soy sauce, 1 Tbsp. olive oil. and 2 Tbsp. flour together. Mix and add the tofu mixture, mixing all together.
- Spread the cubes of tofu out on a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake for 25 minutes.
- While the tofu is baking, chop up the purple cabbage, carrots, and finely chop the cilantro.
- At this time, create another sauce for the wraps. Mix 1/4 cup of soy sauce, finely chopped ginger (as much or as little as you'd like), 1 Tbsp. of Bullwhip Hot Sauce, and Tbsp. of flour. Stir mixture over low to medium heat until you've reached a thicker texture.
- Once tofu is done, assemble wraps. Place tofu, cabbage, carrots, and cilantro in pieces of lettuce. Pour sauce, and extra Bullwhip Hot Sauce over and enjoy!