- 1 lb rigatoni or elbow macaroni pasta
- 6 T butter
- 1/2 c flour
- 4 c milk
- 4 T (add more for more spice) Bullwhip Hot Sauce
- 4 c grated white cheddar cheese
- 2 c grated Gruyere cheese
- 1 t fresh ground pepper
- 1 t ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp Alder Smoked Sea Salt
- 1/4 c (6 oz) Smoked Salmon (or sub crab meat, halibut, or go protein free!)
- 1 c breadcrumbs or croutons
- 1 T chopped parsley or green onion
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook pasta until al dente, drain.
While pasta is cooking, heat milk over low heat in small saucepan.
- In large pot melt butter. Once melted whisk in flour. Over for 3 minutes while whisking. Add hot milk, whisk until the sauce has thickened and is smooth.
- Remove from heat, add the grated cheeses, salt, pepper, nutmeg and Bullwhip Hot Sauce.
- Stir in the cooked pasta and chunks of smoked salmon.
- Place in a medium sized baking dish or a 10.5 inch cast iron.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs or croutons.
- Bake for 34 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling on the sides of the dish.
- Top with fresh parsley or green onion, and chow!