Prep Time: 15 minutes / 35 minutes
Featured Barnacle Products:
Gooey and savory. The ultimate comfort food with a depth of flavor and some kelpy-piri-piri spice.
- 1 lb. rigatoni or elbow macaroni pasta
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 4 Tbsp. (add more for more spice) Bullwhip Hot Sauce
- 4 cups grated white cheddar cheese
- 2 cups grated Gruyere cheese
- 1 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp. Alder Smoked Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup (6 oz.) Smoked Salmon (or sub crab meat, halibut, or go protein free!)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs or croutons
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley or green onion
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook pasta until al dente, drain.
- While pasta is cooking, heat milk over low heat in small saucepan.
- In large pot melt butter. Once melted whisk in flour. Over for 3 minutes while whisking. Add hot milk, whisk until the sauce has thickened and is smooth.
- Remove from heat, add the grated cheeses, salt, pepper, nutmeg and Bullwhip Hot Sauce.
- Stir in the cooked pasta and chunks of smoked salmon.
- Place in a medium sized baking dish or a 10.5 inch cast iron.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs or croutons.
- Bake for 34 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling on the sides of the dish.
- Top with fresh parsley or green onion, and chow!